Thursday, August 3, 2017

Reasons for Troll Cake

A few months ago I scoured the cabinets and bought a couple things from the grocery store. I threw it all together and was fairly happy with the outcome of my experiment and so was the rest of the family. I have been wanting to revisit that experiment, but haven't had an occasion. Today I found the occasion!

There was a program at the library with a Borzoi therapy dog. We went as a whole family,  but my son was reluctant. We have a dog and he loves our dog,  but he is not so in love with other dogs.  So he went to the program, but didn't get too close to Russ, the dog.  As we were leaving, Lily wanted to give Russ one more pet goodbye. So I bribed Ben into petting him as well.

What did I bribe Ben with? 

My kitchen experiment....... Troll Cake!

Even though it is super hard to make,  I sacrificed to reward him for working on his fears.  I thought you all might like to know how I make Troll Cake. 

1 box funfetti cake mix 
1 jar of colored icing
Sprinkles
Colored sugar
Food coloring  (optional)

Last time it was white cake with blue icing and pink sprinkles and pink colored sugar. This time there was no blue,  but orange was on closeout. So today we had DJ Suki cake. Pink cake, orange icing, and sprinkles in the shape of headphones. 

Before baking
After icing

I normally insist on baking from scratch. (My Mamaw trained me well.) But sometimes you use box cake mix and have a party for no particular reason.  

Life is hard. Find something to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment