Sunday, July 23, 2017

My House and My Heart

In my last post,  I shared how overwhelmed I felt by summer stretched out before me.  Now that the end of summer is in sight, I am pleased with what I have accomplished, but I don't want to get lazy.

I can see clearly down the road!!!

So far Lily has a good start on potty training and some great swimming practice. Ben has done lots of reading, some building, a museum visit, and had started learning ASL. He has been great at ASL! I'm super proud of him. And Lily has mostly stopped fussing about potty training. Yay!
I have managed to clean, sort, and get rid of things.  I have not pulled weeds like I need to,  but I have been stung by 3 yellow jackets, Ben has been stung by 3 wasps, and I have seen lots more scary bugs. So I am hesitant to get out there like I need to. I did get the trees trimmed because I hired a former student who did amazing work!
Things are slowly coming together.  I often feel so overwhelmed by the amount of work to do in and around my house that I don't do it. I know it won't be perfect, so I don't start.  I know I can't get it done in a day,  so I don't start. I know some things won't get fixed until much later, so I don't make small changes. This summer I have begun to overcome that. I am awaking from a paralyzing fear of not being good enough. I am slowly putting things together and I'm proud of myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment