Saturday, March 25, 2017

Stress Doesn't Have to Win

I had a post ready for Monday, but I'm just not sure about it. So I'm going to leave it in drafts awhile longer.

Photo Credit: Alan Cleaver

This week has been so long and so stressful. I stayed an hour longer at work most days grading because Friday was the end of the quarter. Several other things also happened. The kitchen faucet broke. I forgot to feed Ben breakfast twice this week. 2 library audiobook holds came in this week and 2 ARCs (Advanced Reader Copies) came in this week. I also already have 2 library books. Ben and Drew started soccer practice this week too.

So it has been crazy!

However I haven't given in to the stress. I have been stressed and upset, but I haven't given in to it. I noticed that I was getting into a spiral of stress and thinking about how stressed I was and then getting more stressed. I didn't let myself sink into that spiral. I stopped that and came up with something much more productive to tell myself and I moved on. It felt like a victory. I think I am abiding in Christ and I am reaping the benefits of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment