Monday, March 13, 2017

Lily Turns 3!

Lily is 3 by Slidely Slideshow

A couple years ago I wrote this post. It is that time of year again, Lily's birthday.

Most people notice her curly red hair right away. I think she likes that because she doesn't like anything in her hair, no headbands, no ponytail, no barrette, no nothing.
Others notice how she chatters. Several months ago my husband was asked when she will turn 4. People think she is older than she actually is because of her height and her vocabulary.

What do I think about?
I think of how often she laughs. She wants to be tickled often. I think of how she insists on feeding herself. Only in the last few weeks has she started accepting food when I'm holding the spoon. And even then it is only because I'm making noises and she thinks it is funny. She loves eating chips, mashed potatoes, and meat. She loves drinking milk or juice, lots of milk and juice. She loves reading books. She will pick them and tell herself the story. Sometimes she hands me the book and wants me to read it. The library is one of her favorite places and that makes me so happy. She loves to color, but only with markers. I did get her to color with crayons on Friday when I was coloring with crayons at the library. However, at home she will only color with markers. If I suggest something else, she will not accept it. She has an opinion and does not mind sharing it! If you don't agree with her, she is likely to yell at you, tell you to "Stop cheating me!", or turn her head away and refuse to look at you. She wants to do whatever her brother is doing unless he suggests it. She loves picking flowers and playing with her baby dolls. She loves the color pink, but I think teal . She loves to jump. In fact after children's time this week at church, she jumped her way back down the aisle to our seat. She still doesn't want to cuddle, unless Ben is getting a hug or a cuddle. Then she shoves him away and takes a cuddle. She loves the soundtrack Sing and Frozen. We often listen to those as I am rocking her to sleep. She loves her blankets. She can't fall asleep without at least 4 of them. She doesn't like going potty on our toilet at home. We have tried and she did once, but she says it scares her. So we are impatiently waiting. Mostly I think about her zest for life and her happiness with her world.

I am lucky to be her mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment