Friday, February 3, 2017

Things Saving My Life Now

For the past couple years, Modern Mrs. Darcy has been writing a post around this time of winter about what is saving her life. I think about these things often because life is hard and it is so easy to focus on the bad things and the things that are draining your energy. So I take time to stop and think about the things that are giving me energy and hope and brightness, these are things that are saving my life.

1. Sleep- I haven't gotten enough of it a couple days this week, but in general I have been focused on getting to bed on time and getting up on time. Going through the days feeling rested makes a big difference.

2. Leggings - In the last few months a colleague started selling LuLaRoe, so I bought a couple pairs of leggings. Then a couple more and a couple skirts. I now have clothes that are comfy, pretty, and make me feel good. Feeling good in my clothes is a big deal.

3. National Park Pictures - Most people are complaining about their Facebook feed being full of politics or yelling or something. I don't have that problem. Most everyone is hidden on my Facebook page. For the most part, I see my mom, my husband, Disney movies, and National Parks. And the National Parks post SOOOO many gorgeous photos!! Seeing the beautiful landscape that our nation has been blessed with is saving me.
See?


4. My One Word -  Every year I pick One Word for the year. This year my word is abide. I have set the lock screen and background on my phone with reminders. So even looking at my phone for some reason is a reminder of who I am working to become. This week has been CRAZY busy! 3 long meetings, and 2 parent nights. I haven't had as much quiet reflection as I would like, but I know the work I have done in previous weeks has helped. Deep inside I'm not agitated and flustered. I'm at peace.
Image result for busy is a choice stress is a choice joy is a choice  Image result for abide in my love wallpaper


Overall this year I am so much better off than last year. I am not so desperately clinging to these things that are saving my life. I am holding them looser because I am holding on to the peace of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment