Friday, January 6, 2017

Rethinking my One Word 2017

A bit of business...New year, new plan for the blog. Not really for the blog, but for me. I plan to post here on Fridays and on my other blog, Books and Pens, on Tuesday. At one time I had a schedule and it worked. Then I was writing crappy posts just because there was a schedule. So I moved away from the schedule to wait until I had a good post to share. Then life got crazy and I stopped observing it, so then I didn't have anything to write. So I am going to try a small schedule. Hopefully that will help me be more observant.

For the last several years, I have not made New Years Resolutions. I have picked a word to focus on. This year I said I was going to keep my word from last year, Still. Then this morning I was reading my devotional and Scriptures that go with it. I came across the word Abide and it spoke to me deep down. Still, for me, is the absence of noise or movement. It was about creating quiet space for me to stop and God to start. I did need that. I do need that, but maybe I need more. Maybe I need a word that reaches deeper. Abide, for me, is the quiet space, but there is an additional layer of peace and comfort. It is the stopping, but it is also being okay with stopping.

I like this word. I am constantly amazed at how these words come to me. I don't really sit and think a lot. I go to church, read my devotionals and Scriptures, and let the words come to me. So far God has been okay with this plan because he just keeps giving me words.

So this year I will abide. And I will remember John 15:9. "Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love."


No comments:

Post a Comment