Monday, January 18, 2016

One Word 2016: Still

My One Word for 2015 was Keeping. Honestly it felt like a huge failure. I don't feel like I grew that much. I did keep the hope through two cancer battles. I did keep the faith in people even when I didn't understand what they were doing. But somehow I felt like something was missing. I felt like I should have done more somehow. Then on New Years Eve, we went out to eat. We had planned to go one place, but got there and it was super crowded. We changed our mind at the last minute and went to a different restaurant. While there was good food, I was more excited about the other servers. Two of them were my former students. I wasn't sure how things would turn out from these two. Now I know it turned out fine. They graduated high school and got good jobs. That is something to be proud of and I told them I was proud of them. Maybe I had something to do with that, so maybe just going about my daily life keeping hope and faith is enough.



So on the last day of 2015, I finally felt like my word meant something. God is so amazing. He is really looking out for us.

So for 2016, the word Still has been the only option in my mind. In the last few months I have felt like I'm running 100 miles an hour. I haven't known how to stop and just be silent. I know I need to do it, but I'm so uncomfortable sitting with my own thoughts right now I just can't make myself. So knowing I need to do something but can't make myself do it seems like just the thing that a new year is made for. So this year, I'm going to be reminded to be still. I need to learn to be okay with silence, with just me and God.

My verse for the year is pretty obvious Psalms 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God."

No comments:

Post a Comment