Tuesday, September 15, 2015

I don't understand

I suppose the silence of a couple weeks should indicate that I have been busy. I am super busy at school, but it is a good busy. I'm getting things accomplished and mostly staying on top of it. I'm finding time to read and getting books off my TBR list. I'm getting to spend time playing and hanging out with my family.

But I can't really say that things are going well.

I see so many people around me suffering the loss of a loved one. A sister, a daughter, a father, a grandpa, a couple great-grandmas, a couple stepdads, and a son. I see so many suffering with cancer, a mother, a father, a sister, a grandma, a granddaughter, a dear friend.

Counse


I just don't understand this all. How do we keep going forward with our lives when so many are hurting? Some of these are people I see every day. I go to church with some of them. They are friends of mine and I see them hurting. I don't know what to do. I don't know what to say.

So I sit here on my computer with my heart hurting for all of these people. I try to cry out to God, but words fail me. I get out a phrase. If I'm lucky almost a sentence and then I get lost. I don't know what to pray for. I don't know how to pray for those in so much pain and doubt.

God,
 
Why? Help.


2 comments:

  1. I believe that your wordless pleas are all He needs to comprehend your compassion. No human can answer the question of why, so I won't attempt to do that, but as for how to keep going when there is so much pain? The most I can offer is to realize that the totality of life is not only pain, and that even where there is physical suffering, there are small moments of joy and connection. Laughter is a gift, a smile is a gift, even shared tears are a gift. I keep going by remembering that God didn't put us here to suffer alone. He gave us one another. I don't even know you, but I am certain that you are a great comfort and a gift to all you know who are suffering.

    -izzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your wise words. In this time, I am most certainly learning the value of small moments of joy, a smile, a laugh, etc. You have been a comfort to me. Thank you and God bless.

      Delete