Tuesday, February 24, 2015

How to Be a Better Person

Photo Credit: jill, jellidonut ... whatever

Continuing on the idea of prayer from the last post, I have been making a concerted effort to pray more throughout the day. I have already noticed some differences. My life is better when I remember to pray for those who are really suffering. I am nicer to people when I remember to talk to the Lover of my Soul. I doubt myself less because it is about me less. I have more confidence in what I'm doing because the Creator of the Universe is doing it with me.

This morning I thought to send an encouraging email. I haven't done that in a while. I haven't been very encouraging in person or by email. I was thinking that some people might think I was being contradictory, saying one thing and doing another. I started wondering why I could be positive and encouraging by myself, but with others I tend towards negativity. I thought I'm better by myself than with people, but that makes it sound like I'm good enough. I know that isn't true. So what is the difference?

Jesus

I have been praying more. I have been spending more time with Jesus. I'm taking my cues from Him instead of other people. So it isn't that I'm better by myself. It is that I'm better with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment