Thursday, August 14, 2014

Heavy Laden

There has been a lot going on in the world lately, as well as my world. The genocide in Iraq, the racial issues in Ferguson, the murder of a teacher, a teenage runaway, the response to Robin Williams' suicide, the poorly dealt with state of mental health in this country, a friend in pain, a friend struggling with addiction, my son starting kindergarten, a sort of new assignment for me at work. Those are in no particular order because they are all swimming through my head and heart.

It has all left me feeling hopeless and helpless. I doubt there is anything I can really do as a middle class white American living in a small city in North Carolina. I don't think my prayers are strong enough. I'm not sure that God is big enough to fix it soon. I worry about all of those that will suffer before these problems are fixed. It is enough to make me want to just sit and cry. There is an overwhelming amount of pain. It takes my breath away, but it also takes my hope away. Life is hard. Then we add the injustices forced upon so many to the difficulties of simply living and I just want to curl up in a dark place and forget about it all.

I wish I had a positive thought to end on, but I don't. I'm heavy laden today and leaning on God.

4 comments:

  1. Leaning on God is the best place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the reminder and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not alone! This week and part of last just seems like the whole world is trying to jump on my shoulders for most of the same reasons as you. Weary indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are now the third person who has told me they have felt the same way. Indeed, we are not alone. I'm not sure how people cope with all of this without God. I'm so glad he's here for me at times like this.

    ReplyDelete