Wednesday, November 6, 2013

What I am doing in November

A few random things that have been floating around my head and my life this month.


What I am oohing and aahing over
Anchinalu at fashionABLE


I like scarves and I LOVE companies that provide work that can change lives and communities. So fashionABLE is a perfect place for me to go shopping. You can read about their company here and then you should go shopping for a scarf or some of their new leather products. Awesome!


What has been in heavy rotation on my CD player


Trent Wesley Music.

I heard his music at our revival and got a CD. And I've basically been listening to that CD non-stop for last couple weeks. His music is soothing and uplifting and comforting and just a good reminder that God is in charge and I will be okay.

He's going to have a CD (or whatever it is called now) on iTunes soon. So keep on the lookout for that. I'll make sure and talk about it plenty too. AND you could always keep up with him by liking his Facebook page.


What I am reading

WOT cover JPG

I just finished Wings of Thunder by Erin Keyser Horn. It is the second in the Thunderbird Legacy. Remember how much I raved about the first one? Well this one is just as good. And I'll get into more details about it next week when it is available for you to buy. And in case you haven't read the first one, go to Amazon and buy it! The ebook is on sale right now for only $1.99! That is a seriously good price.




I'm also in middle of reading another pretty good Young Adult book called Amber House by Kelly Moore. I haven't finished it, but so far the characters are realistic and the storyline is moving along nicely. It isn't drawn out unnecessarily. The characters are developing at a reasonable pace as well. However, I was disappointed to learn that it is part of a trilogy. Book 2 is set to come out in January. I really don't like waiting. :(




I was reading The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley. However it was due back to the library and I didn't get it back in time, so I need to pay my fine before I check it out again. It's probably a good thing because I really wanted to read Wings of Thunder and Amber House anyway. So I'll get back to that one soon. I am enjoying it, but it isn't a 'I can't put this down' type book for me. It's more of a 'This is pleasant and enjoyable. I like being in this place with these people.'

No comments:

Post a Comment