Friday, November 15, 2013

On My Book Shelves

Over at Modern Mrs. Darcy, she is having a link up where we are sharing our book shelves. I have a few different 'book shelves', so to speak. One of the things that made me fall in love with our house was the built in book shelf. We even made it a part of our contract to leave those shelves with the house. It didn't take me long to fill that one up though.


It didn't take me long to fill those shelves up. So then I started stacking books on the floor once I had read them. So when I want a new book, I can just look at the shelves to decide what to read next. 



Then my books started overflowing the shelves again. So I had to come up with another new idea. So I have a little bin and I have put the next books I want to read in that bin. That bin stays beside the couch underneath a table (which collects various other things.), so I have them in arms reach when I finish a book. Having said that, I haven't rotated these books recently. So they are probably not what I am really going to read when I'm done with what I am reading now. So I should probably redo those.








I didn't get pictures of my son's book shelf which is also overflowing. And often he grabs a book or 15 and the others land on the floor. Then he carries that book or 15 around to his room or the living room or wherever. He 'reads' some of them and asks me to read some of them. I have to admit I am not reading as much as I would like to, so I feel like many of these books are sitting around and not getting read.   :(  Somehow I feel like when Lilyann gets here, I won't find any more time. So I guess I better just be happy with what I have.


2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of keeping a bin with the books you want to read next all in one place. I'm wondering if that makes it easier or harder to decide!

    Thanks for sharing your shelves with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was easier to decide until I changed genders I was wanting to read. Now it sits there making me feel guilty for not reading those yet. So as long as mentally you are prepared to change the bin every so often, it is a great idea.
    Thanks for taking the time to read.

    ReplyDelete