Monday, October 28, 2013

Unexpected Meetings

Stop me if you have heard this one...

An addict walks into a tattoo parlor and.....

'Tattoo Parlor Door' photo (c) 2013, Mike Licht - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

opens his Bible and his heart.

Maybe you weren't expecting that. Most people don't expect it when I tell them I go to a Bible study in a tattoo parlor with recovering addicts, divorcees, 'good Christian' people, enablers, homeless, young adults, not so young adults, kids, and more. This Bible Study has become a place where I can open my heart and be ministered to. These people are becoming close friends even if I only meet with them once a week. I am seeing God in a whole new way. I'm learning things slowly instead of trying to rush to figure out the conclusion. And mostly, I know I'm being loved.

So if you are ever in the Hickory area on a Monday night, hit me up. We'll go to a tattoo parlor together and meet Jesus. 

2 comments:

  1. What a great post! Go into ALL the world and make disciples.... Keep it up! I love this story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The men who started this Bible study definitely have discipleship for all at the heart of what they do and who they are. I'm just happy to be a part of it.

    ReplyDelete