Monday, October 21, 2013

Pregnancy is beautiful

It seems as if my post on Friday came off as a little, or maybe even a lot, negative. I forgot that most of you don't see me on a regular basis to see. I forgot that you don't see the smile on my face when someone asks me about my pregnancy. I forgot that you aren't privy to the conversations we have in our house about this little girl. And I do feel a little bit guilty because I can't keep up with all that I normally do. So I feel the necessity of explaining myself.

 



Maybe you heard my guilt instead of my joy.

We have also had some health issues, financial issues, and other stressors of life. Nothing out of the realm of a normal middle class life, but stressful and frustrating in their frequency.

Maybe you heard my frustration instead of my expectation.

I want to be honest in my writing. However if I'm only honest about the negative stuff, then it isn't really honesty. So let me tell you some of the blessing little Miss Lilyann has brought with her already.

We have been blessed beyond measure with people offering us gently used or in many cases completely unused items. A few people are even making things for her. I am tearing up even now thinking of the people that are loving on her already.

Ben told people for at least 2 weeks before the ultrasound confirmed it that he was having a sister. He also loves correcting people when they don't use her full name, Lilyann Grace. He talks to her and tells her good morning and good night. He has picked out some toys for her as well. He is already in love with his little sister.

She is the first girl in many, many years on both sides of the family and I have seen many family members faces light up when talking about her.

Drew and I can already tell certain things about her and we can't help, but giggle. For instance, she tried to hide her face during the most recent ultrasound by putting her hands in front of her face. She loves pasta and chocolate. Drew is all the time putting his hand on my tummy and talking to her. It is pretty safe to say that we are already smitten.


No comments:

Post a Comment