Monday, June 24, 2013

Can't We All Just Get Along?

All this yelling and fighting about male and female biology and rights just depresses me. I see both sides, but lean toward one of them. However, I think that those yelling on both sides go too far. I have a wonderful husband and a very special son. I have girl friends that are amazing and they have amazing daughters. I have guy friends who are awesome and friend's sons who are awesome. I hate that any of them are seen as less because they are one particular sex. I get really depressed thinking about having to explain to any of these amazing children that some people think they aren't cool because he is a boy and she is a girl. Can you really imagine sitting down with a 4 year old some of these arguments that are being screamed at the other side?

"I'm sorry you had to hear those words. They don't really know you, so they aren't talking about you. Well yes they do know other boys and girls. I don't know which ones they are talking about. Maybe they aren't talking about any of them. I don't know who they are talking about. Maybe they are talking about the really bad ones. I don't know why they are talking so much about the bad ones because most of the boys and girls I know are good. Yes honey that means you are a good one and so is your friend. So just ignore what they are saying because it isn't about you or your friends or Mommy and Daddy's friends."

What an awful conversation! Why can't we look at people as individuals and judge their worth as individuals instead of as a group they may look like they are a part of? And can we please stop yelling and insinuating that the other side is stupid and completely wrong?

Can't we all just get along?



No comments:

Post a Comment