Monday, May 6, 2013

When Inspiration Strikes

Almost Mirrored Lightning Strikes Photo Credit: fiskfisk

I have been trying to write more on a story for a few weeks now and nothing has been coming. So I finally decided to set it aside and go on with life and see what happens. I honestly haven't even thought about the story in days.

Then this morning at church while I was praying for something else, inspiration struck multiple times.

I haven't actually written anything down, but now my action sequence has multiple pieces running through my head. I have much to be writing now! I have no clue how it all goes together yet, but I'm okay with that. I now have something to write about. Yay!

Some might say to write through the crap. Sometimes that is the right thing to do, but in this case it just didn't feel like the right thing to do. I'm glad I listened to that voice that said, "Wait."

So for those of you out there doing creative things, know that it is okay to wait for the inspiration to strike sometimes. Do what works for you in the time that it works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment