Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Counting my blessings

You may have noticed that I didn't post anything on Monday. I didn't really have anything to say. Today I'm late with my post because I didn't think I had anything to say today either. What in the world could cause me to be so speechless?

Stress.

I can't even say exactly what I'm stressing about. It is a little of this and a little of that and some of this other. All of that adds up to minor frustrations and tiny worries. However these little things have stolen my words. So I decided to fight back by counting my blessings. Not all of them just the things that have happened today to remind me that God is still here with me.

In no particular order...

1. I found my Scooby Doo coffee mug that I bought in college even though I didn't drink coffee because the mug was just so amazingly Scooby that I had to have it. Anyway, I thought I lost it and then this morning I found it again!
 (Not the best photo)


2. My medicine that I dropped in Wal-Mart somewhere yesterday shortly after buying it was turned in to the Wal-Mart pharmacy and I even had time to go pick it up this morning.

3. I finally found a station I really like on iHeartRadio, KSHE 95 out of St. Louis! I grew up with KSHE and had forgotten about it until perusing on iHeartRadio for something I really wanted to hear. So I'm listening to it now and getting things accomplished.
KSHE 95 - Real Rock Radio - Saint Louis, MO

4. Speaking of getting things accomplished, after 3 days I finally got all of my Spanish 1 grades finalized and recorded in a way that parents can understand. So glad to have that done.

5.  As I was leaving this morning I saw Ben's Sin Cara mask on the table and his tag team belt on the floor and his little wrestling figures and wrestling ring on the floor. I had to smile. He is entranced by the pagentry and the drama and the costumes and of course the 'wrestling'. It is a perfect mix of sport and drama for him.


6. I remembered that my parents are coming to see me this weekend! And that is only 3 days away. I can't wait to visit with them.

7. I slept hard last night and I slept all night long and only woke up once. It was the best night's sleep I had in a few weeks.

8. There are leftover hamburgers and hot dogs from the 6th grade cook out, so I have a great lunch today.

None of these things are huge neon signs, but I don't really need huge neon signs. I just need little nudges throughout the day to make me smile.

Have you counted your blessings today?

No comments:

Post a Comment