Friday, May 31, 2013

10 things I did this week

Of course, my idea for this post came from Julie and her 10 things list

1.  I got some shorts on Monday and that was quite an experience. I thought about sharing it, but I don't really have the words to make it a good story. And I don't want to put something crappy up here. So the post I had planned for today has now gone away. So I'm just going to type some stuff that I have done in this week.









Photo Credit: Old Navy


2.  Last night my mother in law came over and helped me cut a bush back to size. We seriously cut it in about half. It finally looks like right. So with my yard right now, I'm at a point where I would like to start pulling weeds. However, I don't want to do that until we get the black plastic and mulch to put down when I am done. So I'm at a bit of a stand still for the moment.










Photo Credit: Me


3.  I'm in the middle of reading The Hobbit for the first time. And I LOVE it!! The book is amazing. I don't know why I was so convinced I wouldn't like it. Silly me.
Photo Credit: Amazon

4.  I have been playing too much Candy Crush and Angry Birds Space recently. That is probably why I haven't finished The Hobbit yet.
 Photo Credit: Google Play
 Photo Credit: Google Play

5.  We have a lock in planned tonight with our youth. I don't look forward to lock ins because I like my sleep. However, we will be bowling and I do like that.
Cosmic Bowling Photo Credit: Blue Devil Wrestling

6.  I have a couple sentences of a story written, but I haven't written any more because I really have no clue what else to write. I know I should probably just sit down and write to see what happens. However when I have done that, I end u p with characters, plot lines, and settings that I don't like. So those poor little sentences are still hanging in the wind.





Photo Credit: Me


7.  Next week, I'm going to make homemade cinnamon rolls for the first time. I'll take some photos along the way, so you guys can have a good story.

cinnamon rolls Photo Credit: tvol

8.  In June, which is tomorrow, I will be available for an upgrade. Part of my phone broke in April, so I'm really looking forward to having a working phone again. And I think I can get the iPhone 4 as a free upgrade,  so I think I'm going to be getting an iPhone!
Photo Credit: Sprint

9.  Yesterday I got a delivery of the Best. Soap. Ever. from my friend Judy, who just opened up her shop on Goodsmiths where she is selling the Best. Soap. Ever. And 10% of the proceeds go to the Community of Magdalene because she is just awesome like that. I got the Oatmeal Cookie bar and it smells AMAZING. I took a 5 minute shower last night because we were in a hurry, so I can't comment too much on the amazing soapy properties of it because I didn't have time to enjoy it. So I'm thinking of taking another one today just so I can enjoy the soap!
Oatmeal Photo Credit: Best. Soap. Ever.

10. I haven't eaten breakfast yet and I don't really have anything else to say, so thanks for listening to the ramblings. OH and speaking of breakfast, I got a Keurig machine with the water reservoir for FREE this weekend, which meant I could pass on my Keurig to which you have to add water for FREE. And I've been drinking Decaf Coconut from Land of a Thousand Hills with Caramel & Coconut creamer from CoffeeMate and Girl Scouts.
Naturally Flavored Coconut Decaf  Photo Credit: Land of a Thousand Hills


And I was not paid or otherwise encouraged by any of the above companies to link to their products. I just wanted pictures and didn't want to break copyright laws with the pictures. I do advocate you going to Best. Soap. Ever. and buying that. All the rest is at your discretion.

No comments:

Post a Comment