Friday, April 12, 2013

What's Going On...

What I'm Reading: (That I don't have enough time to just sit and read without interruption.)

Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain 

The Secret Gospel of Ireland: The Untold Story of How Science and Democracy Descended from a Remarkable Form of Christianity That Developed in Ancient Ireland by James Behan & Leo Behan


What I Really Want to Read Next: (And I can't get there fast enough because I don't have time to just sit down and read.)

The Wild of God: A Global Journey by Eric Hanson

The Paris Lawyer by Sylvie Granotier


Other Exciting Book News:

Death of the Modern Superhero is FREE until April 15 and  Book Trailer for it.

The River's Edge is released on April 15.


If you haven't read these, you should put them in your To Be Read pile!! They are AMAZING!!!

What I'm Pinning:

I've been rather obsessed with abandoned buildings on my new board: Strange and Lovely













What I'm Etsy dreaming for:

These awesome earrings that are cheap and made by a friend of mine. Squiggle Designs. (Except I don't have pierced ears.)
red and white button earrings
And I LOVE this painting. And this one. And this one. And this one.

What I'm Watching:

Murder, She Wrote because I'm cool like that. And this is my favorite episode.


Accomplishment for the Week:

Sharing the End It Movement with students and making them aware of the 27 million that are still in slavery. It hasn't been eradicated. It is a bigger problem than ever. Several of them put and X on their hand. Next week, we'll talk a little bit about how to get rid of it.

           

6 comments:

  1. Thanks to you those top two books are now on my To Read list and love that you're sharing this with your students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to know that others are listening when I'm talking about books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm almost done Susan Cain's book, and I'm *so* glad I started it in the first place. Interesting, informative, well-written, and affirming, really. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very affirming! And I think it is really pretty balanced. We hear a little bit of both sides and why we need it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to trying the Modern Superhero book! I always love your recommendations :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. Death of the Modern Superhero completely changed the way I look at me and God and life. I can't even describe how good it is. It makes grace very understandable. The why of grace we won't understand, but the how does it work we can.

    ReplyDelete