Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Sudden Changes

Hellos and Goodbyes come to me suddenly.

The new commitment or the project comes on me suddenly. I'm sitting somewhere just listening and all the sudden God impresses this new thing on me. I can't imagine not doing this thing. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God wants me here. As much as I want to I can't say no. My mind is still rebelling, but my heart is at peace.

Goodbyes come just a suddenly. I'm going along about my business for this commitment or that project. Then something happens and God tells me my time with that thing is done. I doubt that a goodbye could be that sudden and sure. I doubt that from one minute to the next I could change, but He assures me that this is his answer. My heart is at peace even if my mind isn't.

For some on the outside, it may seem as if my decision is sudden. They may wonder how long I've been thinking about it. My answer is generally a matter of hours and not days or weeks.

I know it happens so quickly because God knows me. He knows that he can't just lead me up to an idea. He needs to just hit me with it all at once. Otherwise, I'll try to talk myself out of it. I'll come up with reasons that I don't need to or can't do it. He doesn't let me do that. He hits me with it all at once. He doesn't give me options. He just tells me to do it. Then as time moves forward he slowly reveals to me why it makes sense and has to happen this way.

I'm so glad God knows me that way. I'm glad that as He is directing my life, He is leading me in the way that I need to be led. I'm glad that he knows me deeply. I'm glad I don't have to be doing all of this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment