Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Just get me through today

I'll apologize now for being a downer, but here's the truth.

overwhelmed Photo Credit: libookperson

Just when I think things are beginning to calm down and look brighter, some new crisis pops up. I am really trying very hard not to be negative and whiny, but it is hard. Cancer battles for 3 different people in my life, a battle with migraines and anxiety, the marriage of a friend falling apart, and lots of financial strain.

I am overwhelmed. Some days I feel like I am drowning. Every breath is labored and thoughts weigh heavy on me. I don't feel like eating because that would take too much thought and energy. I really just want to stay in bed with the covers over my head, but life calls me out. I have places to be and people to see.

So I pray.

God just get me through today. I would like to ask to be nice to my students today, but I think the stress in my life mixed with their spring fever will boil over into bad moods. So God just keep my mouth shut and get me through today.

4 comments:

  1. I feel much the same way. Sometimes I have to pray for just the next few minutes. I am praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. That really means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you, your family and all those heavy on your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. Today is better and a little brighter.

    ReplyDelete