Saturday, April 13, 2013

Good Stuff Saturday 4-13


I suppose since I was sick this week I didn't pay much attention to what I was reading. So this is a short list. All the more reason for you to make a few clicks and read these.

Photos

National Geographic: Photo of the Day - Milky Way, New Zealand 

National Geographic: Photo of the Day - Winter, Sweeden 

National Geographic: Photo of the Day - Sheep, Afghanistan 

J Bryant Writes - Wordless Wednesday: Baptized

Stuff You Should Read

a life overseas: the mission conversation - Coping With Loneliness 
Have you ever found yourself asking,
“What am I doing?”
“Is this worth it?”
“Is this what we signed up for?”
If so you are not alone in your emotions, although these feelings can make you feel very isolated.

Sundi Jo - Why I Cried in the Middle of Target 
To the ordinary onlooker, buying a set of dishes shouldn’t be an emotional moment. Ah.. but this wasn’t ordinary. I’m 29 years old and my mom has never owned a matching set of dishes. 
Throughout my life our house was filled with mismatched items. She did the best she could and I never knew the difference, until I got older anyway. Some people may say their ashamed of that. Me? It’s made me part of who I am today.



No comments:

Post a Comment