Friday, March 1, 2013

How do you eat yours?

It is that time of year again folks.

No, not March Madness.

No, not Lent.

It is Girl Scout cookie time.

Day 11. Makes me happy. Photo Credit: Elizabeth_K

We got our cookies a few weeks ago and we've been eating them slowly. My husband has actually not eaten any yet because he is saving them for me. Isn't that sweet?

Anyway, I've eaten a couple thin mints at a time every other day or so. The other day I was near the end of the package and I thought I would just eat a couple extra. Ben spied me eating them and wanted one. As he was eating his, I noticed something.

Everyone eats Thin Mints differently.

I eat mine with smallish bites because I want to savor them. I eat them somewhat slowly because I want to enjoy them. You only get them once a year after all.

When Ben ate them, he put the whole thing in his mouth and let it melt in his mouth. I tried to get him to take little bites, but he just put the second one in mouth and laughed. He had his way to do and I wasn't going to convince him otherwise.

My mom has a special ritual as well. She puts hers in the freezer. She loves her Thin Mints cold. I have to admit that they are pretty good. Personally, I don't want to wait for them to be cold.  However when I show restraint and put them in the freezer. I like them that way too.

What about you? How do you eat them?

3 comments:

  1. All of the above! Although when I put the whole thing in my mouth, it's usually to avoid crumbs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I devour them, the whole box, gone in about 10 minutes. This is why I flee when I see sweet faced girl scouts headed my way. This girl does not have the will power!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda - I hadn't thought about crumbs. Maybe that's what Ben was worried about. ;)

    Judy - My husband doesn't normally have much will power with them either. That's one reason why we normally have to get two boxes of some of the cookies. This year he's just staying away from them. I kinda feel bad for him.

    ReplyDelete