Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Using my voice

Waiting Photo Credit: SanGatiche

I have been struggling because it feels like no one is listening to me. I know I have important things to say and truths to share. I want to tell people about how grace means you can be yourself with God. I want to tell people how God loves them just they way are because he made you that way. I want to tell people how love and grace means you can put your walls down and be real with  people.

I just want to love on them and give them grace. I want it so desperately, but I don't know how to do it.

I'm waiting for some opportunity to talk to just the right person. I'm waiting for a ministry to pop up that gives me a platform. I'm waiting for a Bible Study where I can share these things on my heart. I'm waiting and I don't like it. Actually, I hate it!

Then I hear a whisper. It is God. He reminds me, "I put you here." Why am I sitting here hating this inactivity? God doesn't just put us somewhere to sit back on the sidelines. He puts us where we are and expects us to work with what we have because He is inside us.

He is inside me! He is here with me and has put me right here. So why am I wishing to be somewhere else? God didn't put me somewhere else. He put me right here and gave me a voice. He gave me a passion to speak to hurting people with love and grace. So if He gave me all these things, he must expect me to use them. It's up to me to pay attention to his leading and use the voice and passion he gave me.

God help me to see those you put in front of me. Give me the courage to speak as you would have me speak. Lord let me love as you love. Strengthen my feeble attempts with your love and your grace.

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Andrea. I think you're doing a great job. And God no doubt has a plan for you! Wishing you many blessings . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's easy to look at others and think we're totally missing the mark in comparison. Thank you for the encouragement to "do" right where I am. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Your encouragement means the world to me. I feel like I'm in the process of disconnecting from some things and reconnecting to others. It is a bit difficult, but I feel God walking me through it.

    ReplyDelete