Saturday, February 2, 2013

Good Stuff Saturday 2-2



Pictures of Poverty - Children Attending a Saturday Session 
Pictures of Poverty - Seven Year Old Ruthe and Her Mother Sefako


Prodigal Magazine - I was an Illegal Immigrant  - Unfortunately, the crossing was too dangerous for a newborn infant, so my mother left me with family in Mexico. It broke her heart, but she knew it was what she needed to do. She swore she would come back as soon as she could establish a life that was safe and stable enough to support me.

Compassion - You Can Change the World  - Most of us don’t feel like we can really change the world. Sure, we know that we can make an impact on our community and family, but change the world? That sounds a little too lofty and difficult for us average Joes. Most of us don’t have the money to start a school in Africa or donate billions to AIDS relief, but that isn’t the goal is it?

Courtesy of Compassion International: http://blog.compassion.com/you-can-change-the-world/#ixzz2JhzgPlz4

Casey Leigh - Intentional with Toddlers  - I recently mentioned a toddler class that I am taking and wanted to share a bit of what I am learning (from the first 2 weeks), there are 2 more weeks of the class that are still to come for an additional post later! 

The Isle of Man - Getting Back on the Horse plus an Update  - (Or http://theisleofman.blogspot.com/2013/01/getting-back-on-horse-plus-update.html) - And what I find is, if I have those conversations and let those questions be serious boundaries around the foundation of my writing...

...I don't write.

Ever.
I'd Laugh, But It All Happened to Me - I'm going to Hell (Or How Not to Do Evangelism)  - I received numerous responses from people who shared my assessment of the situation- that evangelism without love is empty and weak.  Many mentioned bad experiences of their own with church folks trying to "scare the hell out of them."  

I'd Laugh, But It All Happened to Me - A Church Music Conundrum - I have been thinking a lot lately about the songs I have sung in worship over the years.  I am old enough to have been through several generations of church music, and I have loved them all. 

Life of a Christ Follower in Albania - Why I Hate Hollywood -  I have never disliked Hollywood as much as I do since I’ve moved overseas. Here are 3 reasons why:

No comments:

Post a Comment