Monday, February 18, 2013

Bedtime

Pinky's Bedtime Photo Credit: edenpictures

The time of night I think I love the most is from the time my son falls asleep on my lap to the time I fall asleep.  Before I go any further with this story, it is important to note that my son is a night owl. (I've talked about that here and here.) So our current theory is let him go until about 10 and make him lay down on the couch with us. Then most of the time he falls asleep laying on me or my husband. We know he is really asleep when he starts snoring lightly or when he twitches. Then we put him in bed and I have a little bit of time before I'm so exhausted that I go to bed. I can get a few minutes of reading or writing or watching a TV show. Those moments of relaxing are awesome, but then I get to go to bed myself.

Is there anything better than climbing into bed and pulling the covers up over you?

I don't think so. However, before I can enjoy that I have a few things I have to do. Of course, there is the typical wash my face and brush my teeth. But a little more unusually, I have to rearrange the bed. I have to make sure that the fitted sheet it all straight without any wrinkles. I have to make sure that the top sheet is all tucked in at the bottom and that both sides of the bed are even. Then I can arrange the cover to make sure that it is even and straight all around. When that is all done, I can get into bed and pull the covers up to my neck and settle in for the night.

If I'm lucky, I can fall asleep before my husband (who is also a night owl) gets into bed and untucks and unstraightens all of my hard work. He will toss and turn and kick at the covers until I can't hardly stand it. And that is why I have to rearrange the sheets and covers before I get into bed every night. But it is worth it when I can relax at night into a perfectly arranged bed.

So what kind of bed do you prefer? Straight and tucked or unstraight and untucked?

No comments:

Post a Comment