Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A lousy blog post

Sorry Photo Credit: p-a-t-r-i-c-k

I had written a post in my head about how I compare myself to other bloggers and my numbers aren't as big. I was going to talk about being jealous that they get better numbers when I think their stuff isn't as good. I was going to talk about my realization that I think that because I'm not interested in blogs that are about only one thing. I like variety because I get to hear all of that person's voice and not just part of it. I was going to talk about how I thought about the variety and how I really want this space to be about me and not just one part of me. I was going to talk about how I need to remember that I am blogging for me and not for other people. Then Kevin Haggerty wrote a post with some similar ideas and it feels like copying to write it again. So I'm not going to write about that.

I also have a series in mind because I'm reading a book that I actually agree with when it comes to homosexuality and the Church. I'm kinda scared about putting my real thoughts out there because I don't fit into either camp and my thoughts will probably make both camps mad. However I think there is some really important stuff to talk about. So I will be finishing the book soon and starting the series next week.

I also have a pretty exciting story idea complete with a new land and different beings. I have wanted to write something like this for awhile, but felt no plot line coming to me. Thanks to my 3 year old telling me his stories I now have an idea. Something in the vein of Gregory Maguire. So I really want to start writing that.

I feel like I'm short changing you guys because I'm not sure that you have gotten a proper post in a while. Sorry. I'm working on one. I just can't seem to find the words when I sit down here to write. Maybe Friday will be better.

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad about not having what you feel to be a "proper" blog post. At least you're sitting down and putting something out, and sometimes it feels "proper" and other times it's a little looser, a little more like a quick conversation on the phone. Both are good, IMO. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement. I don't want to fall off the schedule wagon, but I've been having trouble sitting down to write something good. However, I have had a break through and Friday's post is ready to go and I'm feeling good about it.

    ReplyDelete