Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The week I didn't listen to God

Slow Down Photo Credit: russelljsmith

So October was a VERY stressful month around our house! We were busy every weekend and several weeknights. Being youth leaders raising a several thousand dollars for two different and very important projects requires a lot of time. The more time I spend with people the less down time I get. The less down time I get the more stressed I get. So I was glad to see October go.

Then November got here with the NaNoWriMo challenge and my personal work out and eat better challenge. And I have this blog, the church blog, the church Facebook, and the church Twitter. Also I'm on several committees at work. So I realized that I'm still very busy.

Sunday all the to do's filled my thoughts. I tried to pay attention, but I just kept thinking about the to do's. Even through my lack of focus I heard God say, "Slow down. Do what you can." I was comforted for the day. I caught up on NaNoWriMo with plans for how to keep up my progress.

Monday I had a meeting after school until 5 and then a party to go to at 6:30. NaNoWriMo plans went out the window. I only got about 700 words, which is lacking 1000 words. Tuesday morning I got to write a few. I got home and caught up on the church blog which was 2 days behind. We did 3 loads of laundry and one load of dishes. Then I was done. I was exhausted! I was ready for bed by 7, but waited until 9 or so when Ben went to sleep. I got some family time in while relaxing. One more day with only a few hundred words.

Now it is Wednesday and this blog post is behind. I have tweets and facebook posts to be scheduled for the church and a meeting after school. Now we have 4 loads of clothes to fold and put away. I have church tonight and don't anticipate time for NaNoWriMo. 

I do however have a plan for where Emily will end up. I also have a more realistic goal in mind, the end of the year, for my 50,000 words. I am slowly accepting what I can do and doing only that much.

God told me on Sunday to slow down and do what I can. It only took me 4 days and lots of frustration to start listening. Maybe next time I will try listening to him the first time and avoiding the frustration, stress, and bad mood.

Are you really listening today?

No comments:

Post a Comment