Monday, November 5, 2012

NaNoWriMo


I first of this like maybe 5 to 7 years ago. I thought it was a cool concept, but I was out of the writing business. So I set it aside. Then two years ago I had a student who kept pestering me about writing. NaNoWriMo is something he lives for. I also had a blog friend that talked about it. She even completed it... more than once. I was in awe and I had to try it. I failed miserably. Last year, I licked my wounds and did not participate. This year thanks to the Writers Unite challenge I had something to start working on, something I was excited about. So I have spent quite a bit of time this weekend working on the story of Emily Jones. I don't have a title yet. For now it is The Healing of Emily Jones. Not sure if I like it or hate it yet.

Since I have been writing so much about her, I have not had time to write a proper blog post. Also since the story is now pushing past 10 pages, I am not going to post it on here. Maybe when I am done I will publish some of it. I will tell you this though. Emily has quite a few skeletons in her closet, but she has a hard praying friend to help her exorcise some of the skeletons that are still hanging around. I have many characters and possible plot twists floating around in my head. None of them seem certain to be in the story or out of the story. So I will keep writing and we will see what happens to Ms. Emily.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings. I do plan on having a better post on Wed.

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Sounds like you have plenty in mind to keep the story coming for November. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have quite a bit and I even have an end goal in mind. Not sure how I'm getting there though. I like that. I'm not sure I'll finish in Nov. I've only gotten about 1000 words in the last 2 days. I'm shooting for the end of the year for 50,000 words.

    ReplyDelete