Friday, October 19, 2012

Together



This week has beat me up and been so encouraging.  I suppose when things are moving along spiritually and encouraging is when Satan starts attacking with sickness, tiredness, and irritating commentary.  I've had a little bit of all that this week, but we also had revival this week.  I was blessed to see teens make commitments to live all out for God.  I got to worship God and learn what I can do better.  If you follow me on Twitter, you might have seen several tweets from the Tri-County Area Wesleyan Revival.  The speaker said so many good things that I had to write some of them down.  I didn't have a notepad, so Twitter seemed the most convenient.

I have been to a few revivals in my time.  Some have been at churches I have attended.  Others have been at churches I have never attended, but I liked the speaker.  I can say that many of them have felt very special and God has moved amongst us.  I think I figured out why that is.

We meet together everyday.

During a revival, people meet together every day for a period of time.  One of the features of the new testament church is that they met together every day.  There is a power in coming before God with a group of people every day.  God gets much accomplished in those times.

After realizing this, I was a little disappointed that I couldn't continue the revival longer.  In our society, it is nearly impossible to meet with someone every day.  So that dream of meeting every day seems rather far fetched.  However, I could think of a few examples of an every day meeting time (or almost every day).

Maybe there is a someone you work with that you respect.  You could take some time before or after work or during a break time to study the Bible together.

Maybe you have some neighbors to whom you are close.  You all could take some time every evening.  Turn off other things for a little bit and study together.

And of course, you have your family.  Most of us have family living with us or near us.  Maybe there is some time you can set aside with these special people to study God's word and grow.

Hebrews 10:25 
Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment