Wednesday, October 17, 2012

God takes a seat

The Empty Chair Photo Credit: Smabs Sputzer

The news was a little disappointing. She is ready for more than this, but God hasn't given more yet. She wanted to be disappointed. She looked down and saw the commitment she made. She remembered there is a bigger story being written here.

"Oh. Hey God, I didn't see you sit down. Good to have you here."

*********************************************************************************

He pulled the burgers out of the bag. "Hmmm. I didn't order a BLT. I guess I have lunch tomorrow."
He handed her a burger. "This is not what I ordered."
They checked the receipt. It most definitely said the wrong thing. 'I wasn't crazy when I thought she called out the wrong thing to the kitchen.' She looked over and saw the BLT that they did not order. 'Ah ha! That's what I wanted.' She put the bacon on the sandwich. "Now, I have what I wanted, but you don't have lunch." He isn't worried about that.

"Oh. Hey God, I didn't see you sit down. Good to have you here."

*********************************************************************************

She looks back over her tweets from the last few days. They are filled with some amazing words about God, revival, and our faith. The speaker has truly been a God-send. Tonight there is only one tweet because she could tweet the entire sermon. Fasting has been a struggle for her to understand and to complete. This man spoke the words she needed to hear. And even with a squirmy toddler on her lap, she heard them. Now she knows what to do.

"Oh. Hey God, I didn't see you sit down. Good to have you here."

No comments:

Post a Comment