Saturday, September 15, 2012

Good Stuff Saturday 9-15



Photos

The Isle of Man - Friday Funhouse: Sept. 14, 2012 - This one has funny parents, funny kids, funny food, funny office, funny driving, funny phone conversations, a funny grandma story, and MORE.  You want to see this one.


A super awesome new blog I found
Campfire Cowboy Ministries - Never Fight Dinosaurs or This will happen - I swatted him away with cowboy ninja-like precision and at once, his instinct for survival kicked in.
There are your average bees. I like to think of them as your next door neighbor who flies a little airplane. They can take off and land and get where they’re going. Then you have freakin’ Maverick from Top Gun. This bee-one-bomber pilot must have had flying lessons from Yoda because he had to be using the force.

Campfire Cowboy Ministries - People are people  - I said all that to say this.  People are just people.  That’s it.  Nothing more and nothing less.  I’ve known some really good people who had a quick lapse in judgement and did the wrong thing.  I’ve known some not so good people who had a quick lapse in judgement and did the right thing.  Chances are, you know people like that too.  Chances are, you’ve put your faith in someone who let you down.  Maybe it really crushed you.  Don’t let it.  Here’s why.

Campfire Cowboy Ministries - Givin it, aint yours anyway - I used to think that all churches wanted was my money.  But as I got closer to God, He finally started to get some things through my thick skull.  One of those things was that the more I gave-whether it was time, money or possessions, the more I would get back…and that has been proven time and time again in my life.  The other thing I figured out was this-nothing I have is mine!  And guess what?  Nothing you have is yours, either!

Cowboy Campfire Ministries - Dumb things that smart people do and what we can learn from them  - Scarlet gets out in her high heels (I really don’t know what she was wearing, but I can’t picture her in anything else) and gets the gate open. Stacey drives through and waits for her to close it and get back in.
And she waits…and she waits…and she waits.
Finally, the passenger door opens and Scarlet gets back in…breathing laboriously.
“What took you so long?” Stacey asks.
With a huff of breath, Scarlet then turns to her chauffeur and exclaims, “I had to climb over the gate after I shut it!!”
More great posts to read

Isle of Man - This blog exists to rid the world of jerks - No one was born as a full-sized, adult jerk. It took time and development. Specifically, it took people refusing to speak truth into their lives and to tell them that they aren't the most important person in the world.

I was at the grocery store, recently. I was about to check out, and I saw a line with only one person in it. She didn't have a very full cart, so I went ahead and got in line.

Biggest mistake -- ever.


Compassion - Who told you? - Who told you that God cannot use us to transform these children into responsible and fulfilled Christian adults? Who told you?
Who told you that God will not answer all our prayers when we call upon Him? Who told you that God will not grant us all the resources we need to do His work effectively?
Who told you that we cannot challenge all Christians regarding the biblical mandate to reach out to the poor and the needy? Who told you?


Courtesy of Compassion International: http://blog.compassion.com/who-told-you/#ixzz26XXbZ0Mr



Run with the big girls - How to increase your energy: Part 5 - There is something about tuning out all the noise around you, all that extra stuff that just seems to continually get in the way.  Quiet is good for the soul.  Not feeling like you have to answer every phone call or email or text message is calming for you.  That’s why I recommend you go unplugged for at least one day a week.

The Church of No People - Why I am an extreme political moderate  - I have to agree.  That kind of “moderate” would make me want to judo chop him right in his moderate bone (the ossicle).
But I’d like to give a playful, but serious response, because I consider myself a moderate…
…a very extreme moderate.  I’m the most closed minded moderate I know, in fact.  I hope you’re ready because I’m about to open a whole can of moderation on your sorry faces.
101 Books - Your Search Questions answered: Volume 12  - This edition of Your Search Questions Answered has an annoying words theme.
For the most part, a lot of my juicy, funny search terms this time around were related to my post about 7 annoying words that should die a horrible death. That post tends to generate all kinds of weird traffic.



Some good September 11 rememberences

Beta Christian - 11 - We don’t heal by giving our enemies the finger while raising up towers. We heal when we love one another. This is the way a simple man once showed me. The only thing that He raised for the world to see was a cross. Not to show how much power he had, but to show how much love He had. Three days later, he raised His temple, to show that He does have power, not to raise buildings but to raise His people from the dead. 


She is Fierce - Even if we tried   (This link may not work, but it is worth checking on later.


I'd laugh, but all this happened to me - "Oh them lions!" (A Vintage Post)  - I confess that I dread days like this.  Things like marking the anniversary of the September 11th attacks are exactly the kinds of things that we USAmericans so often get so wrong.  We produce countless documentaries so that those who suffered the greatest losses can watch those planes and buildings blow up over and over again.  We profit from their pain, selling souvenirs disguised as remembrances.  And we focus on the wrong things.  

No comments:

Post a Comment