Friday, September 14, 2012

God sightings




It was a Tuesday morning and we were nervous.  We prayed in the car as we were leaving our neighborhood.  Then the car stopped.  In the middle of the prayer and the street, it stopped.  The third car in 10 days that stopped working.  We weren't deterred.  In my heels, I helped push it into a parking lot.  We made a few phone calls and finished our prayer.  That day God got us a new car for $46 a month.  Not just any new car, but a car that I'm in love with for the first time in my life.  We met a wonderful lady at the credit union who saved us money and helped us get rid of our bank that we don't like.  Later that day we got my car and renewed our relationship with an amazing car dealership that is honest and has incredible service.  They oiled our door hinges, cleaned the window, and wiped down the interior before we left the lot.  We broke 3 cars and God showed up with better.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At work, a difficult colleague was confronted.  I breathed a sigh and praised the Lord for someone caring enough to say something.  A positive conversation about making leaders of our students and challenging them to be more made me love my work place all the more.  An outside perspective that encouraged us makes me believe in what we can accomplish.  The moment where I see a difficult student get it is when I see wonderful possibilities.  A field trip opportunity has got my students scared and excited about Spanish.  There have been growing pains and God showed up at my job.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was stressed about Drew being out of town and having extra errands to run, but they all got done with very little waiting.  My parents sent a package with an awesome coat for Ben and a bracelet witha great story for me.  Drew's phone has been really messed up, so we went to have someone look at it.  It isn't fixable, but it isn't broken.  We didn't know what to do, but we came home and tried a new charger.  It is better.  Not fixed, but better.  We went to the mall and isaw a former student.  I waved.  He smiled broadly and waved his arms.  He came over to talk to me and I realized how special this is.  Drew and I had a conversation about our schedules and we both feel the same way.  That is a wonderful.  Life is stressful and God showed up to hold my hand through it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A game at youth was a roaring giggling success.  Wednesday night we had more kids than chairs.  The new youth attendees enjoy themselves and come back.  Some kids are praying at the altar on Sunday MORNING!  We have leaders that we trust to lead the younger ones.  We have younger ones that are excited.  We got to attend an amazing back to school rally and the kids were inspired.  We have kids asking for prayer in areas of life where they struggle. The future is looking bright because God showed up to speak to hearts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel totally unworthy of such attention from the creator of the Universe!  He is making his love so tangible and visible that I am speechless and a little winded.  


No comments:

Post a Comment