Monday, August 13, 2012

This Morning

Sacred Heart of Jesus by Unknown (1960) [Control # IAS IN000872]  Photo Credit: WikiProject Public Art

This morning I woke up thinking about some old hurts.  I discovered scars and bruises that I didn't know were still there.  I am constantly amazed at how much our past affects our present and our future.

I wish I had more words for today.

I wish I could tell you all about the bruises and scars.  But I'm not ready to be that vulnerable yet.  Maybe someday I will.

I wish I could tell you how I am going to begin healing them.  But I know I can't heal me, so I will be looking to the Healer today.

I wish I could tell you how they have been shaping my present.  But I can't because I don't know the answer to that.

So today I will be seeking grace and love from my Father.  I will seeking the arms of Jesus.  I will rest in his presence and let that be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment