Friday, August 31, 2012

Stressed and Thankful

Tug of War Photo Credit: joshwept

So Monday, I told you about Drew's car breaking down.  Then Wednesday after a pretty great youth rally, my car tried to break down.  Thursday morning I got to work, but Thursday afternoon I didn't get home.  So my car is good and broken.  As of publishing this, I don't know what is wrong with it or how much it will cost to fix it.  Car issues are enough to stress anyone out, but we also have errands that just can't seem to get run and work that we just can't get finished.  Everything seems to be out of sync.

Another example, we didn't finish our fast food from Wednesday night because of the whole car not working, but now it is thing.  So I put my husband's tacos in the oven on broil for just a couple minutes to try to crisp them up again.  My mother-in-law came in with Ben to get pajamas and clothes to keep him.  I went out side to throw out a diaper and chatted with her.  I chatted just long enough to forget the tacos and they burned.  So instead of having the tacos he wanted Drew had leftovers that neither of us really wanted.  Ugh!

Oh and did I mention that Ben tripped at the youth rally and got a good scrape and a bump on his forehead. He also had a deep scratch on his ankle.  Then the music got loud and upset him as well.  So I basically had an upset toddler for about an hour.

Even with all this stress, I keep seeing God show up over and over again.  My car got us home Wed. night and it got me to school Thursday morning.  We needed that.  Even though Drew didn't get the food he wanted last night, we did get quiet time and he got to work on some homework.  Even though Ben got hurt, I got sit in the grass with him and sing praise songs.  AND he was polite to all of the strangers who kept talking to him while he was upset.  I see very clearly how God is protecting us and providing for us.  I am tired and maybe even a smidge worried.  It depends on what minute you ask me.  Most minutes, I genuinely believe God has a plan and he is guiding things.  He has it all in his hands and I'm okay with that.

I am thankful for his provision.  I am thankful for his protection.  I am thankful for the plan he has.  I am thankful for smiles.  I am thankful for laughs.  I am thankful for hugs.  I am thankful for songs.  I am thankful for family.  I am thankful for friends.  I am thankful for this life God has blessed me with.





Today I am linking up with Leslie at Top of the Page.
topofthepagewithleslie

No comments:

Post a Comment