Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Love in the Real World: After the bad

This  is week 5 of the series, Love in the Real World. There are so many Hollywood love stories out there that we forget what real love looks like. So over the next few weeks you will hear about what real love looks like or doesn't, the good, the bad, and the in-between. Enjoy! 

I have promised that the bad will be discussed.  Today I am honored to have a good friend and fellow blogger Jeremy.  He has had a rocky road for love in this world.  He blogs about his journey and about God.  His perspective on a 'simple' Bible story really makes it come to life.  His observations on life really make sense and are rather practical.  So with his permission, I have reposted a couple of his posts about his failed marriage and his walk since then.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And Only the Moon Looks Down Photo Credit: CarbonNYC


Originally written: May 19
This week I have been moving. Never have I looked forward to, or dreaded a move more than this one. Moving to a new place is always exciting for me, but I hate actually moving my stuff. This time is it made doubly difficult. Everything that I pack is a memory. I know that is true to every move, but when viewed through the window pane of divorce, even the good ones hurt. This move is a chance to start over, to start living life again. A chance to start building the life in my dreams. Hopefully, one day, I will find the person I thought she was. Just as God made Eve for Adam, He made someone for me too. And when I am ready, He will bring her to me. I just pray that I am smart enough to recognize her when she gets here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally published: June 12
As many of you know, my wife left me last fall. It was like the world had been jerked out from under me. I landed in a very dark place, but the Light of the world reached down, picked me up, and put me back on my feet. Since then I have been climbing up out of the deep dark hole I fell into. Along the way I have had lots of questions for God. Some He has answered and others, not yet.

One of the questions He has answered is the dating question. I wasn't looking to date when I asked, just curious. So I asked one day while on my lunch break. Later that same day a customer came in and struck up a conversation. We talked about our respective ex-wives. Nothing serious, just chit chat. He went on his way and I went on to the next customer.

About 10 minutes later the guy comes back with a puzzled look on his face. I asked him what was wrong. He said, "I'm not sure why, but I feel I am supposed to tell you something." I asked him what it was. "Don't date until it's official. Don't even go out and "just have fun" with a girl." WOW!! That hit me like a ton of bricks. A direct, clear and concise answer from Almighty God. I may not be with my wife anymore, but I am still married. Marriage is holy and not to be entered of exited lightly. And if I am still legally married, anyone that I would date I would cause to commit adultery with me.

Since then I have done pretty good. I haven't dated any one except when my wife and I went out a few times trying to work things out. That didn't work. Now you maybe asking yourself what all this has to do with temptation. Over the past few days and weeks I have noticed women flirting with me more and more. Last night a friend of mines fiance told me that a friend of hers wants to get to know me better. There is the temptation. She seems like a nice girl. She is a christian and we have a lot in common. But God was very clear! "Don't date until it's official."

I must obey. If I don't I will miss out on a blessing that God has in store for me. The woman that God made for me is out there some where. If she is here, she will be here when it's time. Until then I must remain faithful and not let the enemy gain a foothold in my life through temptation.


Our Father, who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy will be done on earth,
As it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
The power, and the glory,
For ever and ever.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment