Friday, August 10, 2012

Creativity found!

I found myself with some quiet time this week and I found creativity in the quiet.  So even though it isn't Monday, I still found my muse.  Enjoy!

Men at work chat Photo Credit: petit1ze

"To what do we dedicate this time?"
"To life, love, and happiness." The younger replied
"To such petty trivialities?
Surely there is a cause
higher and nobler than those."
The older opined
With a shake of his graying head.
"But sir, I know of none greater."
Insisted the younger
With eyes of fire & a heart of flame.
"My good man your life has been
But a wisp.
How could you know
the depth & breadth of time?
One does not learn these things in a fortnight.
Nay. A century of life
Will but begin the knowledge."

"To what do we dedicate this time?"
"To legacy, integrity, and eternity." The older declared
"To such lengths of time?
Surely there is a cause
closer & lovelier than those."
The younger pronounced
With a shake of his hardened fists.
"My good man I know of none deeper."
Intoned the older
With a face of stone and a voice of granite.
"But sir, your life has been
Such an age.
How could you know
The birth & renewal of time.
One does not learn these things
in a lifetime.
Nay. The brevity of a month
Will but begin the knowledge."

"I see we are at an impasse."

No comments:

Post a Comment