Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I'd like to thank the academy

I had planned on another post in Saying it loud..., but it just didn't seem to fit.  So when I found out I won an award from Anne at Writer's Space, it seemed like a good thing to talk about today.

Also, I would love ideas about a new series!

  The Kreativ Blogger Award comes with 7 random facts about me and 7 bloggers to share it with. 


  The  Liebster Award asks that I post 11 facts about myself, answer the 11 questions she posted, make another set of 11 questions for bloggers I will pass the award to and tell them that I tagged them.

I am always amazed that people read my blog, so to win an award is humbling to say the least.  I hope you enjoy learning a little more about me.

11 Facts about me:  (I tried to put new stuff that you may not know about me on here.)

1. I don't want my hair cut shorter than ponytail length.  I don't think it looks good on me, but more importantly I can't put it up before bed or on a bad hair day.

2. When I fix rice, I put cheese and soy sauce in it and mix it up.  Yum!


3. We have a fork that has a little top on it that comes off.  When I eat with it, I always play with the top.


4. I have an idea for a story to tell, but I don't know how long it will be.  Maybe I can try NaNoWriMo this year because I am not ready to write it yet.


5.  I am a home body.  I prefer to hang out at home rather go to a concert or a movie or the shopping, etc.


6. I am the worst vegetable eater that you have ever met.  I don't really many of them and only eat when I have to.  Thankfully Drew eats them well, so he makes me eat them too.


7.  I don't like peppers or melons.  Jalapenos are okay. They are the only pepper that I kinda like.  There aren't any melons.


8.  I am trying to only drink fair trade coffee.  It is hard, but I'm getting there.


9. I love the red clay soil in North Carolina.  I didn't believe it was real the first time I saw it.


10.  I love puzzle type computer games, like Tetris, Angry Birds, bubble shooter type, etc.  Those are way better than Farmville or MLB 12.  Also card games and board games are awesome!  Drew doesn't think so.  Therefore if you do and you would come play with me regularly, I would consider paying you.


11. The most enjoyable movies or books for me are ones that aren't super popular, so I feel like I have discovered them.



So my questions to answer:

1. What gives you a lot of energy during the day?  Some quiet time by myself, especially first thing in the morning.  As I have started to do this in the mornings, I can see a difference in how I spend the day.   
2. What place would you visit if money or time was not a problem?  This might be a lame answer, but Europe.  The whole thing.  The Irish and English countryside, Barcelona, the lavender fields of France, the German/Swiss Alps, Rome, the Greek Archipelago, the Hagia Sophia in Turkey, Katie and Nicole in Albania, Transylvania, Vienna, Prague, St. Petersburg, Helsinki and Oulu, and fijords in Norway.  
3. What is your most embarrassing moment?  In recent memory, when I forgot money in my car for the groceries
4. What do you consider your most prized possession?  The mantle clock that my great grandparents got as a gift at their wedding.  It reminds me of so many special times at their house and inspires me to be half of the person they are.
5. What is your worst pet peeve?  Crowds.  More specifically crowds that aren't moving anywhere when I am trying to.  
6. What is the ONE thing you CANNOT leave the house without? Um..clothes.  I have left the house without my phone, without my purse, without my license and other card, and I walk outside without shoes.  So I'm going with clothes.
7. Do you have a daily mantra or life philosophy? What is it?  I suppose my life philosophy is to "Leave things better than you found them."  
8. What is your favorite time of the year? Why?  Fall!  The fall festivals, the changing leaves, bonfires, Friday night football, hockey season beginning, my birthday, perfect jeans weather.  It doesn't get any better!
9. Do you have a guilty pleasure?  I watch WWE with my husband and I like it.  They have crazy story lines, but you can see what works and what doesn't.  You can see how they set up the stories to make the matches more exciting.  And it is pretty impressive that they can do all of that high flying stuff and not get hurt.
10. What do you prefer - flowers or chocolates (for women), tools or gadgets (for men)? Oh.  That's hard.  Flowers, so I can display them, but I hate throwing them out when they die.  It is sad.  Chocolates if I can keep it around for awhile and eat it a little at a time.
11. Which book would you pick up at the book store - self-help, romantic novel, sci-fi, poetry, business?  Self-help if it is an author that I trust.  Romantic if it isn't trashy.  Sci-fi if it isn't too weird.  Poetry if it isn't too abstract.  Business- no.  So, my final answer is...poetry.    


That was fun.  Now I'm going to pass the fun along to the following people:


1. Drew ( because he hasn't blogged in a long time.)
2. Jeff (because he hates these pass along question things.)
3. Amanda (because she needs the practice)
4.  Jennifer (because she is a pretty amazing blogger and totally deserves an award.)
5.  Jeremy (because I really do think he is a super creative blogger because I wouldn't think to blog about the stuff that he blogs about.)
6.  Carl (because he is always ready with an ear or a prayer or whatever he can help you with.)
7.  Michelle  (because she writes super amazing stories.)
8.  Kim  (because she writes super amazing posts about her life and God.)
9.  Julie (even though she's on vacation, she is one of the hardest working bloggers I know.)
10. Judy (because she always says things to challenge me.)
11. Katie and Nicole (I know that's 2, but they work together in Albania and I love hearing about it.)

The questions I am giving:

1.  What soap is in your shower right now?
2.  What is something you read every day?
3.  What is one thing you are avoiding doing right now?
4.  Realistically, what is your goal for the last half of 2012?
5.  Of all the bedrooms you have had in your life, which one was your favorite and why?
6.  If you could buy one piece of expensive fine art, what would it be?
7.  What do you think of the 2 guys in the Sonic commercials?
8.  How many blogs do you read regularly?
9.  What is your favorite team?  (Athletic, literary, fantasy, whatever)
10. What do you feel the most awkward doing?
11.  Who controls the TV remote in your house?

No comments:

Post a Comment