Friday, June 8, 2012

A thousand thank yous are not enough

thank you Photo Credit: lindsey.dee.bunny

But I will try.

Yesterday I was gifted with the Johnny Gabriel most dedicated staff member award.  I am humbled and honored to be among such honored company as the previous award winners.  I listened to the wonderful things that the principal said about me and I honestly wasn't sure it was me because I am not all that.  As I walked forward, the door between the gym and cafeteria opened and out walked Drew, Ben, and my mother-in-law.  I was stunned and I almost cried.  I gave hugs, said thank yous, and turned to face the students.  They rose and applauded.  I will remember that moment forever.

Thank you to the amazing staff I work with.  Each day you work so hard for students and fellow staff members.  You regularly challenge me to be better.

Thank you to the students who give each teacher a chance and work hard even when you don't feel like it.

Thank you to the students who stood And applauded.  To the few students who stood first, I did see you and that means the world to me.

Thank you to the administration for such kind words and strong leadership this year.  Creating a new culture is not easy and not for the faint of heart.  Thankfully you are both strong and talented people.  We will get there!

Thank you to my family for consistently supporting me in my journey as a teacher.  Those that are teachers know this job isn't easy and knowing I have such great people to talk to is  wonderful!

Thank you to Drew and Ben.  There is NO way I could be half of the teacher that I am without you.

Thank you to my former teachers.  You have given me such an amazing example of what is a great teacher.   A part of this is for you.

Thank you to all of those on Facebook and twitter who congratulated me.  I had no clue there were so many people on my side!

Thank you to all those that I have forgotten.  I am still in shock.


You all have touched my heart and I will never forget this day.

1 comment: