Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Saying it loud...I believe in spirits

This is week 4 of a new series.  I will let you know a little more about me in a series of succinct easy to read and access posts.  There are some things about me that I have heard regularly or wanted to say, but didn't have the guts to say.  Now, I'm going to say all of that stuff.  Hang on for the ride!

Week 2 - I am a writer
Week 3- I read for the words
_________________________________________________________________________________

This might be the week that you officially write me off as crazy, but here it goes.

Angel Diamond Photo Credit: steve9567

I'm not talking about ghosts or anything.  I do have my thoughts on those and I love a good ghost story, but those things are for another day.  I mean a world that is spiritual, like angels and demons.  I believe demons are scary little things.  I believe that angels are "wonderfully terrifying" things, as a friend said.  I believe angels are huge.  I don't believe they are cute little babies flying around.  Angels are warriors, so they look like warriors.  How many times in the Bible did an angel appearance begin with "Fear not".  The reason they said that is because they look scary.  We win in the end, so the angels are better and bigger and stronger than the demons.  Even when things are bad and look scary, some thing bigger and better and scarier (in a good way) is on your side.

I don't think the spiritual world ends there.  Each person has a spiritual part of himself or herself.  There is something indefinable that speaks to us about more than just the physical world.  For some this speaking can appear in pictures.  That happens to a friend of mine.  Sometimes while someone else is praying a picture related to what is being prayed about will appear in the mind's eye.  For some this speaking can appear as words.  That happens to me.  I can think of 3 times in my life that while praying God gave me a word or two.  Not a whole sentence.  Not a whole paragraph.  A word or two.  Only one of the three times has it been directly related to what is being prayed.  The other two were very clearly from God and the message was very clear.  I have also had 3 times in my life when God told me to tell others a word from him.  These did come in a sentence.  Not multiple sentences or entire paragraphs, but a sentence.  They were if ... then statements.  If you choose this then this will happen.  I hesitate to call it prophecy.  The modern usage is tainted with vanity and fallacy.  The ancient usage calls to mind people like Isaiah and Jeremiah.  I am certainly not in the same ballpark as them.  So I don't really have a term for it.  I just know that every great now and then I get a word or a sentence from God about a situation.  I know that friend of mine gets a picture from God every so often.

Everyone has different gifts from God to be used for his kingdom.  Actually we probably have multiple gifts from God to be used for his kingdom.  Today I'm just talking a little bit about one of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment