Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Saying it loud... I love blogs


This is week 5 of this series.  I will let you know a little more about me in a series of succinct easy to read and access posts.  There are some things about me that I have heard regularly or wanted to say, but didn't have the guts to say.  Now, I'm going to say all of that stuff.  Hang on for the ride!

Week 2 - I am a writer
Week 3- I read for the words
Week 4- I believe in spirits

_________________________________________________________________________________
Keep up and blog on  Photo Credit: futureshape

You may have noticed that I have taken a challenge to develop 15 habits of great writers.  I've talked about it here.  I have worked more on developing my craft and making connections to other people who write.  It has been beneficial to me.  However, it has also strongly reminded me of something important.  I LOVE BLOGS!

I love writing my blog.
I love sharing the amazing blogs I read.
I love sharing companies I find.
I love sharing books I have read.
I love sharing my stories.
I love reading the blogs of others.
I love seeing the development of those blogs.
I love seeing the changes of those blogs.
I love learning from the those blogs.

I am committed to writing on my blog.  I share others on my blog.  I get up early and stay up late to write on my blog.  Many of those things that I have been working on for the 15 habits challenge are things I do on my blog.  When I hear about the number of people who blog or I hear about people making money from blogging, I start feeling like my little space here is just taking up space.  I feel like it isn't important.  I don't have lofty goals or fancy advertising.  I feel like I'm wasting time because I'm not doing "big time" writing.

Yesterday it hit me that I don't need to be stressing myself out about being a "serious" blogger, like those who make money and have hundreds following them.  Right now, I just like writing almost daily.  I don't need to be stressing myself for "big time" writing like short stories or novels when I'm doing it on a medium I love, blogs.  I'm not saying I'll never try to make money blogging.  If someone wants to pay me to do this, I would take it.  I may even think about advertising other blogs or esty shops at some point.  I don't need to be worrying about that now because my blog isn't that now.

I'm not saying I'll give up on fiction writing.  I have a story with a setting and characters I love.  I also have a book compilation idea that I want to see finished.  So I'll be doing those things, but I don't need to be under the gun about them.  I have plenty of other going on in my life that I love. I don't need to shoehorn all that extra writing and advertising in when I don't want to make that a career.  I just want to get some ideas out.


So I love blogs because I get to write, read, learn, share, encourage, and grow.  Blogs combine so many things that I love.  I'm going to enjoy them now.  If I write some other stuff, great.  If I get more followers, money, or influence, great.  If I don't write other stuff, that's cool too.  If I don't get more followers, money, or influence, that's cool too.  I love blogs and I'm good with that right now.

2 comments: