Thursday, June 14, 2012

How to fix tired

worn_out_clarks Photo Credit: ercwttmn

You may notice this post is late.  If you did, I'm sorry.  I'm pretty exhausted from training days, packing my classroom, preparing for a presentation on all the apps a teacher could use, and having Vacation Bible School this week.  I would like to say that I am tired from playing with Ben and spending so much time with Drew.  However, I haven't done that yet this week.  In case you are curious, I'm going to share a little more detail from my week.

School is over now for teachers, but the last 3 days were rough.  Packing up an entire classroom is not easy, just ask the rest of the teachers in my building.  Thankfully I've moved around every couple years, so I didn't have a chance to build up that much stuff.  After the packing, we had Common Core training.  This is a time where all the foreign language teachers from the district including me get together to map out what the foreign language program looks like.  We finished our Instructional Guide for levels 1-4 of French and Spanish.  That basically goes though all the objectives that discuss how to develop a second language learner.  After that we worked on pre and post assessments for each level and created them in two languages.  (If that all confused you, then ignore it and know it was hard work.)  And it isn't just me and the department of which I am a part.  ALL the teachers that I know of in every place that I know of in the United States has been working on this and fighting over this and stressing over this.  Changing the way you do things isn't easy!  After all that planning, I was facilitating and taking notes on an App Smackdown.  That is a fast paced app sharing meeting where all the teachers who have an app from an iPad, Android, website, or Google Chrome come and share it with others. Our final list was 90+ apps.  It was fun, but a lot to take in.  Then I got another email suggesting that the my department should add one more thing to our Instructional Guide.  There was no due date, so there is no reason I feel it should get done right away.  But I know me and I'll forget about it and then it will be next year at this time and I'll remember it.  I'm pretty sure that would be too late.  So I'm going to try to work on that too.

After all the school stuff this week, I have gotten home at 5:00, which is late for me.  I get a smidge of time with Ben because Drew has to go and prepare for the games that he is leading every night.  Then by 6 or preferably 5:30 we are at church for VBS.  I'm helping with crafts and praise God Katie is leading it.  She is amazing at it because there is no way I could do all the preparation that takes.  Not to mention I don't think I'm creative enough for crafts.  VBS is over about 8:00.  We generally get out of there about 8:30 and come home.  Drew changes clothes because he is wet and then we might go get something else to eat because we are still hungry.  We had dinner at VBS, but it was too quick to fill us up.  We eat and Ben plays.  Ben plays some more because he can't just come home and go to bed.  Then I wrestle him in bed and I go to bed.  Drew stays up to finish homework.

Today is my first day off.  I got up early to put some weed killer down because I heard it is better to do that earlier.  I ran out of weed killer, so my flower beds will still look awful and stress me out.  I could pull weeds today, but they'll be back and I really don't think I can keep up with them.  So I stress.  I'm going to get more weed killer today.  I hope it works.  I'm also rushing to finish this post because I know Ben will be up soon and he deserves cuddle time.  I have at least 3 loads of laundry to do.  I have to go to the post office and stop by school one last time.  I would like to sit down and write a little something and read the blogs I follow.  I would also like to finish Death of the Modern Superhero.  It is amazing and I want to finally finish it.  I don't think I can get that all done before he gets up.  I have to prepare a post for another blog for tomorrow as well as figure out what I'm going to talk about on here tomorrow.  I know some I can do when he is awake, but lots I can't.  I can try and then I just cheat Ben out of quality time with me.  He deserves better, so I can't do that as much as my Type A check things off my list personality says I can try.  I woke up early to accomplish a few things on my first day off and I have, but I have so much more to do!

So do any of you know how to fix tired?

2 comments:

  1. Girl, if you figure out how to fix tired, please let me know! :) I totally understand where you're coming from! I've had a busy week myself, though probably not quite as busy as yours. Work all day, then make the 35-minute commute to pick Stacie up and run her home, quickly bathe and feed her, then truck another 15-20 minutes to Mt. Vernon, drop her off at Bible School, kill 2 1/2 hours in town cause I don't wanna waste gas going back home, pick her up and get her home around 9, plead with her to go to bed, pick out my clothes for work, try to get some laundry or dishes done, collapse in bed around 10 or 10:30 and get up at 4:45 the next morning to do it all over again. :) Stacie's also being cheated out of quality time this week, but I just keep telling myself that I'll make it up to her! -Kortny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know I'm not alone! At the moment, I'm fixing it with Blueberry Cream Cheese and White Chocolate Cream Cheese.
      And I know what I am writing about tomorrow from this comment. Thanks!

      Delete