Wednesday, May 2, 2012

How I became a better... Servant


I am in a series of Guest Posts by some people in my life.  Some have blogs and some don't, but they all have a story of how they became better.  I hope you enjoy a few other voices here on my blog.


Today I am honored to be hosting a friend and a new blogger here.  He has a faith that will blow you away and some amazing gifts from God.  My family and I are blessed to have him in our lives.  Enjoy the reading!
_________________________________________________________________________________



Servants and Graffiti  Photo Credit: Pink Moose

About 6 months ago my wife left me. It hit me out of the blue. I was crushed. My entire world had just driven away. I hit rock bottom and I hit it hard. I couldn't eat. I couldn't sleep. I just kept asking why.

Then I called a friend of mine whom I hadn't talked to in awhile and he prayed with me. Over the following weeks and months I kept him up till all hours talking on the phone and he kept me from going over the edge (Andy I can never thank you enough). It was during these phone conversations that the Lord used him to draw me closer to the Lord. I began to give my life back to God.



One day when I was feeling really depressed I asked God to show me a sign that He loved me. He showed me! I was at work looking at the schedule. At the bottom of it was written Matt 4:11. It actually was written Matt 4-11 but that’s not how I had seen it. I looked up Matthew chapter 4 verse 11 when I went to lunch. It reads, "Then the devil left him and angels came and attended him." GOD LOVES ME!!!! I still tear up thinking about that day. Things didn't get better over night, but that is the moment the healing began.

Sometime later my friend reminded me of something God had laid on his wife’s heart. She had told me almost 2 yrs earlier that God was going to take a blessing from me if I didn't make good on a promise I had made. She had no idea what the promise was or what blessing he would take. That’s when I realized that loving God is not enough. He wants to have a father/son relationship with me. A father loves his child but he wants his child to obey him. For me to obey God I must serve God. "As for me and my house we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

3 comments:

  1. It is truly awesome how God uses times of despair and hurt to make us stronger and draw us to him. Thank you so much for being willing to share your pain and your story. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouraging words. I know Jeremy will appreciate your words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, CJ for your kind and encouraging words. My hope is that God will use me and my story to draw others closer him, and pull them through or keep them from the same pain. God bless.

    ReplyDelete