Friday, April 27, 2012

You can help orphans today!


Sometime last week I read this blog from The Sound of Hope.  You all may not follow this blog, so let me summarize.  In India they might pass a new law that requires orphanages to own the land and the house they have.  Currently Asha Mission House does not own these things.  They have a down payment and now they need the rest before MAY 20!  I gave what I could, but I wanted to something else.  Then I got an email from a teacher about a T-shirt day we were supposed to have.  Perfect!  The kids love getting out of uniform, so for $1 they get to be out of uniform AND they get money.  Upon further inspection, the T-shirt day wasn't mandatory per our school plan.  So the possibilities opened up even more.  Now we are going to have a Tacky for a Cause week!  Wednesday will be Tacky Hat Day or hair accessories.  Thursday will be Tacky Socks and Shoes Day.  Friday will be Tacky Day with uniform bottoms.  So now instead of $1 a person, we have the potential for $3 a person!  AND I have challenged my students to find businesses in the community to match our total.  So would you pray for this fundraiser next week?

What about you?  Do you have something to donate?

If so, go here and click the link at the bottom of the article.  (I wanted to include the widget, but Blogger isn't playing nice with it today.  It also isn't playing nice with the link.  Grrr.)

         
Or can you do a fundraiser in your business, neighborhood, or church?  There are some great ideas on this blog.  What would you be willing to do to help out?


URGENT NEED :: Asha Land Project from The Sound of Hope on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment