Monday, April 30, 2012

The post that has no title because there is no topic

I have a note in my Evernote account that lists at least 10 ideas for blog posts.  Some may never make it here and some might.  I've looked through the list a couple times, but I can't seem to find any inspiration.  There's nothing I want to write about.  So here is a list of random stuff happening around here.

books in a stack (a stack of books)  Photo Credit:  Austin Evan

1.  Drew is sick.  High fever, achy, sore throat, etc.  Tonight I found out that you can't take Mucinex and Tylenol together.  Thankfully Drew took Advil, so he could take Mucinex also.  Also thankfully it is recommended to take it with food and milk.  He had cereal right before he took it.  I'm praying he gets better soon and that our yard doesn't grow too much in the meantime.  I also drank after him, so I hope it isn't contagious.

2.  Ben insisted on getting a box of Apple Cinnamon Cheerios this weekend.  We already had 3 others in the house.  Drew and I will be eating lots of cereal!  We also have 3 bags of Goldfish.  The eating habits of a 3 year old are rather unique.

3.  Right now I'm watching Murder, She Wrote and I still love it!  It might just be the best drama ever on TV.  It makes me want to go to Maine. (The Dick Van Dyke Show is the best comedy.)  I'm also in the middle of reading The Miracles of Santo Fico.  It is a wonderful book.  Immediately upon opening it the characters are comfortable, the location somehow familiar, and the tale unfolds naturally.  I would highly recommend it.

4.  I am taking steps to write every day.  I am a writer and it's time I start acting like one.  You are a Writer by Jeff Goins is a cause of this.  God is probably the leading cause of this.  I'm not sure why he is or where it is leading me, but I'm going to follow.

5.  My nose is sore.  Ben was on my lap Saturday at the karaoke fundraiser for the youth.  He wanted to jump, but I didn't move my head in time.  He knocked right into my nose.  My closed eyes watered immediately and since then it has been a little sore.  Why is it that the nose hurts worse than anything else?

6.  I love going through the list of free books available on my Kindle.  There are so many good books out there to read!  Of course, reading them takes longer than the download, but I'm looking forward to reading them.  This weekend I downloaded 5 more books.

I am on my last DVR episode of Murder, She Wrote and it is getting late.  So I will leave you with 6 facts about this weekend.


What happened with you this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. We both have delightfully random blog posts today! Sometimes, that's just what you have to do. And in their own way, they're actually kind of fun. :)

    I try to avoid downloading free books at the moment -- my reading pile (physically and virtually) is pretty darned big as it is. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. My reading pile is pretty enormous on both counts. My mother in law recently cleaned out some old boxes and I got about 7 or 8 books there plus the ones I already had AND my virtual pile. The Miracles of Santo Fico that I mentioned has been in my reading pile for a few years. I don't think I'll ever get to the end of it. Now that I have a Kindle, it is only getting bigger!

    ReplyDelete