Saturday, April 7, 2012

Good Stuff Saturday 4-7



The list is a little short this week because I am a little behind on my reading, as in Google Reader says I have 52 posts to read.  This is a few from this week and there is a good chance there will be a lot from next week.

Pictures


Pictures of Poverty - Hello Everyone!
Pictures of Poverty - Looking toward a future beyond poverty 
Casey Leigh- Pink or Blue?

Blog posts you should read 

A Deeper Story - Stupid Wait Time  - Laura and I both knew that God had pieced together a message, that He had sifted through the wreckage left behind by our magnificent crash-and-burns in our earliest weeks and months of parenting, and that from those white hot embers He had singed into our souls a message that we were suddenly desperate to share.
That was in the spring of 2008. 
My heart belongs to Jesus...citizen of the world - "I believe, Help my unbelief"  - Two weeks ago as I stood during worship at the end of the service, I recalled the story the in Mark 9 about the boy who was demon possessed and his poor, desperate father lays him at the feet of Jesus and says, "Please, if you can do anything, then help us!" . . . I imagine Jesus crinkling his eye brows as he says it, "IF?" Then the man cries out, "I believe, help my unbelief!" As I remembered this story I began to pray it, "I believe, help my unbelief!" 

Goins, Writer - The Most Important Publishing Platform - The tools are irrelevant. They’re media for the message. What is essential is that you use them to get the message out. If you care enough about it, you’ll find a way.

The Sound of Hope - An apple a day - For children who eat meals that consist of only pap (maize meal), beans, and rice, an apple was a very special treat. Their excitement for something so simple gave me perspective, and made me even more determined to see the Community Garden we're starting flourish. This garden will provide not only healthy vegetables for the children at the carepoint (which means more nutritious meals), it will also empower and provide for up to 18 families in the community! To find out more (and to donate to this project), CLICK HERE. 
(Watch the video with the post to see what she means.)

A Deeper Story - On Grace - I believe deeply in Grace. I’ve seen it, felt it, experienced it, given it, this all abundant overflow of undeserved merit. I speak a thousand words in voice and print of love – true, unconditional Jesus-love – and how vast its power.
Yes, I believe in love and grace.
But do you want to know the truth?
The Rabbit Room - The Next to the Last Supper - I’ve been trying to picture the scene, and if I’m being honest, I’m pretty sure I would have come down on Judas’s side and suffered the rebuke of Jesus. Like Judas, I might have put my objection in practical terms, but I’m afraid that for me the real issue would have been the fact that the woman was creating a most uncomfortable scene. 

Katie Hawkins: Missionary to Albania - Complete Trust  - But I mean honestly, if it’s someone I know well, usually I’ll say yes so when I was reading the book Radical, the following quote caught my eye:
You have to say yes to the words of Jesus before you even hear them. // David Platt
Shawn Smucker - Like children who build their home among the graves.  - They are monumental, really, these concepts. Life changing. Because who among us has not experienced death? Who among us has never felt that shattering of lost hope? That crumbling of great expectations? That sudden split, like a cracking tooth, when we realize that what we had hoped for will never be realized?

Red Letter Believers - Why God shouldn't give me what I want  - My petitions are simply misguided. You see, I ask that the pain be removed, forgetting that within the struggle is a victory. I ask that my finances be enriched, forgetting that it is in need that I learn trust. I ask for comfort, neglecting the struggle for character.

Clay Baboons - D is for Dentist - The smell and the creaking and the pain would be enough on their own, but I also manage to be at my most awkward when sitting in a dentist's chair. I don't know where to look when another person's eyes are inches away from mine. I hate making small-talk at the best of times, let alone when my mouth is filled with metal and fat latex-covered fingers. I become hyper-aware of just how loudly I breathe.

Compassion - A tree with Abundant Fruit  -Time passed by and we were still finding passion fruit — big, juicy, ripe passion fruit! We collected eight baskets and then, after separating one part for each child, we went to the market to sell what was left. With the money from the sale, we purchased school supplies for each of our little helpers.
That tree brought joy and blessing to many, many lives!


Courtesy of Compassion International: http://blog.compassion.com/passion-fruit-tree-a-tree-with-abundant-fruit/#ixzz1rMRM9sMg


New Blogs to follow


Mustard Seed - Sowing of seed - If you asked most Christians, "What kind of soil are you?"  Most of us would like to think we are the good soil, but I think we all of the types of soil at different times in our lives. 

Mustard Seed - Mustard Seed Faith - Just think what we could do if our mustard seed faith grew into mustard tree faith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment