Friday, April 13, 2012

Awarding greatness

Tuesday I found out that I was nominated for The Leibster Award over at The Jesus Mommy.  And I was totally honored.  I thought I would give some awards of my own.

This is how it works:

Liebster Award (‘Beloved Dearest or Favorite’)
The Liebster Award is for bloggers who have inspired you, and have less then 200 followers.
This is how it works:
  1. Link back to the person who gave it to you and thank them.
  2. Post the award to your blog.
  3. Give the award to 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you appreciate and value (It’s a great way to get to word out there about other blogs!!)
  4. Leave a comment on the 5 blogs to let them know that they have received this award.

As I looked through the blogs on my Google Reader, which is probably close to 100, I had trouble narrowing it down to 5.  There were a couple that I wanted to include, but they have more than 200 people that follow them.  So my first draft of my list had 8, then I added 5 more.  From there, I had narrow it down to 5 and that was HARD!  Even I was setting up all the links, I changed the winners.  So even though there are 5 winners, check out the Runners up.  And let me throw out there that Julie and Judy already won, so I didn't nominate them again.  So without further ado, I present The Leibster Award from this little to 5 very deserving recipients in no particular order.

Award  Photo Credit:  andybee21

1. This is my Blog - I found Kim through a mutual blog we follow.  I'm not totally sure which one.  I fell in love with her openness and honesty.  Everything she posts is amazing.  Really!  I don't think I have disliked or disagreed with or even just passively read through any of her posts.  Every time I read a post, I laugh or cry or sit in awe at the spiritual connection I didn't see coming.  She is a Canadian military spouse, mother of 3, and runner.  She is also super funny and amazingly insightful.  So Kim, thanks for being amazing!

2. The Rantings of a Dad - Jeff is a friend of mine since high school.  His blog is actually reason I started blogging for more than just family updates.  He is very funny and has a super cute daughter.  His geek knowledge is impressive, but his heart for people and Jesus is more impressive.  I regularly laugh out loud when I am reading his posts.  I also regularly message him to pray for me or a friend or a situation.  So Jeff, thanks for being a friend.

3. Church and the Single Girl - I really have no clue how I found Jennifer.  I started reading her J Bryant Writes blog first because that was written first.  This year she started this blog to follow her search for answers to why everyone worships in so many different ways.  I am blown away at her willingness to walk into these various denominations without anyone else to lean on.  I am also blown away at her attitude toward every church.  She has only had positive things to say about each one.  Yes they all have their differences, but they all have good stuff going on too.  I have had several questions answered as I have read her posts.  So Jennifer, thanks for being willing to go.  (I'm guessing the readership is below 200 based on the number of Facebook likes and comments in the posts I looked at.  I could be wrong though.)

4. This Time Around - I also have no clue how I found Michelle.  Probably through a mutual blog we read. However at this point we read so many of the same ones, I really couldn't say which one.  Michelle is a Christian, an introvert, and a creative.  She regularly challenges me to pick up my creative pen and start working again.  She shares stuff she likes and stuff she thinks and stuff she does.  I know that doesn't sound interesting, but it is because she is writing it.  She loves words and to a fellow writer, reader, word appreciater that means a lot.  So Michelle, thanks for loving words and using them so well.

5. My Heart Belongs to Jesus...citizen of the world - Kristen was on the World Race with a girl from my childhood.  I of course followed their progress via blog and in one of them stumbled on to Kristen's blog.  She is currently living in Cambodia and fighting sex trafficking.  Her heart for all of the people caught in this tragedy is amazing.  Her willingness to go and do even though she has doubts is breath-taking.  Her heart for  Jesus is challenging and comforting.  So Kristen, thanks for loving well.

Runners up:
Faith, Family, and the Farm - I found Sarah through Julie's blog and I'm glad I did.  She is an amazing storyteller.  Everything she posts just comes out like the best story I've ever heard.

The Jacksons' Journey - I'm guessing I found Erika through a mutual blog we read.  From this blog, I was challenged to do something for those in need.  I amazed at all that she and her husband do through their non-profit foundation The Sound of Hope.

The View From Here - I found Jeff through Jaime, the Very Worst Missionary.  He also tells amazing stories.  Some are super funny and I laugh... a lot.  Some are more serious and I think about what he says and what to do about it.

True Beggars - Todd is a friend and the pastor that my husband and I chose to marry us.  I first met him when he was the evangelist at my church camp.  He came a while ago and is still there serving.  There are some of his sermons I have heard more than once, but I still learn something every time I hear it.  Amazing!

Stories we love - Herschel is a friend from childhood.  This is a relatively new blog, but I'm enjoying it.  I love the name and the idea that stories surround us, so we should talk about them.

Mustard Seed - Jeremy is a long time friend of my husband's and a friend of mine.  This is a super new blog, but in the first post he blew me away with the simple logical points he made.  So insightful!

Boo: Compelled to Love - I have no clue how I found Bekah, but I'm glad I did.  She shares amazing links to the stuff she is reading!  I feel so much more informed after reading the stuff she shares.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much!! I'm honored to be included in this list. And yes, I definitely have less than 200 readers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why you have less than 200. It's amazing and everyone should be reading it!

      Delete