Thursday, February 16, 2012

One Word check-in

You may remember that my One Word for this year is Faithful.  I was thinking about it a bit yesterday and I thought today would be a good time to put those words on paper.

Yesterday, I scrubbed the bathtub clean.  I cleaned out the freezer.  I did a load of dishes.  I folded a couple loads of clothes.  I cleaned out the microwave.  I have been consciously cleaning my house to be faithful in using what God had given me.  I am not at all interested in working outside pulling weeds and clipping hedges and what not.  Yes it is February, but the weather has been nice.  So I could have worked on it a little.  Also if I start thinking about how I don't want to do that now, how am I going to get myself psyched up to do this in April and so forth.

I have turned off my social networking more and spent more time with family and books.  I have probably spent too much time with books, so I need to work harder at being faithful with the time God gives me.

I have been drinking more water and eating less.  I wanted to start running on my treadmill again, but being sick this week has prevented that.  I still really want to do that, so I can see myself beginning to run next week.  I want to be more faithful with the body God has given me.

I have started writing little clips of fiction that pass through my head.  You may also notice that I have done some worrying about that here and here.  Sunday God convicted me about all the worrying and no action.  So I started putting action to it and letting the worries fall away.  I have also started a couple story compilation projects.  I need to work harder on those and write out my portion of them.  I need to encourage contributors as well.  This is how I'm being faithful to God's calling on my life, even though I have no clue what he is calling me toward.

Along the lines of being faithful to God's calling, I have also been pre-writing some posts and I have planned a couple series for Wednesdays.  I'm being faithful to you guys and to what God is wanting me to do with this space.

One of the projects I am working on is a series of stories from members in my church about testimonies they have.  Maybe it is their salvation or maybe it is another time in their life.  This will create intimacy among our church members and draw us closer than we have been before.  This will also help me understand these people better and love them more thereby being a more faithful member of God's Church.  I have not been praying about this word enough and there might be more that God wants to do with it, but I don't know because I haven't been praying about it.  So I need to be more faithful to my One Word.

Overall pretty good.  I have consciously thought about my word and what I need to do with it.  However, there is more that I know I need to do.

Did you pick a word?  How is it going?  What are your goals for this year?  How are they going?

No comments:

Post a Comment