Wednesday, February 15, 2012

An Interview with... a chiropractic physician

Since this is a blog about relationships, I thought it would be good to interview some people we may meet regularly in our lives.  I wanted to know the good and the bad of what they do and how we can make it better. After all that's what this blog is all about, making relationships better.  So over the next few weeks we will be hearing from a chiropractic physician, a probation officer, a real estate agent, a server at a restaurant, a custodian, and hopefully a couple more.  I hope you enjoy this and learn a little something too.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Today we are hearing from a friend of mine who recently graduated and is beginning her practice.  She blogs over at Confessions of a Chiropractor.  But more importantly, here is a link to her new practice If you are in Southern Illinois and looking for a good chiropractic physician, this is your girl.  If you already have a chiropractic physician, read on and see what you can do to make things better for him/her.


What is your job title?

- Chiropractic physician

What is the best thing about your job?

- I get to help people feel better everyday.

What is the worst thing about your job?

- Dealing with insurance companies that don’t want to pay for care my patients need.

What is the most considerate thing someone has done for you?

- The most considerate thing anyone has ever done for me was for another doctor to entrust the care of their patients with me.  The doctor I did my final internship with.  Allowed me to treat her patients without question, in turn showing me how much she trusted my knowledge and skill.  It was a huge confidence boost that made me understand that I was ready to be a doctor.

What is the least considerate thing people do to you?

- As a new doctor and business owner, I find it very inconsiderate for people to assume that because they are my friend or family member that I’m going to give them free or discounted care.  Immediate family is of course free, but if I gave free care to every friend that came in my door.  I would never make enough money to keep my doors open or pay my loans off.

What could people do to be more considerate to you?

- I wish people would remember that while I am a doctor, I am not rich.  If people valued my care for what it is worth rather than value it for deal they could get from their friend I find that much more considerate and I think they would get better results for themselves as well.

What unspoken rule to people break most often?  

- Asking me to adjust them whenever we’re hanging out.  I don’t mind doing it once in a while, and I understand there are times when you can’t wait.  But I do this all day, everyday; my work is at the office. I don’t want to bring it home or to your Superbowl party or your nephew’s bar mitzvah.

2 comments: