Saturday, February 11, 2012

Good Stuff Saturday 2-11




The Handwritten - Art Faith  It's about this verse.  You need to go read it.  28 The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”

New Ways Theology - For and Against: On Identity and Conflict  But it’s more than that; I’m tired in a different way, tired of defining myself by what I’m against.

101 books - Hear the one about the turkey in the library?  The turkey somehow broke a window to get into the library.

Pictures of Poverty - Kenya  Such a great smile!

Compassion - The spirit of words  The first time I realized Sam was truly receiving his words from the Holy Spirit was when he wrote to me on September 14th, 2010 and shared that his prayer for me was that God would give me a double portion of health.
He had no way of knowing how dangerously sick I had been. I didn’t tell him because I hadn’t wanted to frighten him.


Courtesy of Compassion International: http://blog.compassion.com/the-spirit-of-words/#ixzz1m0cMPf9M

Goins Writer - Creative Space  If God created the universe from chaos — if he spoke earth into existence amidst nothingness — then we have good reason to believe that having a little space to create is a good thing.

The Esau Project- What are you working towards  I didn’t know how to accept the fact that the thing that I’d worked my whole life for wasn’t going to be the thing I’d be doing my whole life.  Everyone told me I had to be working towards goals in my life.
No one told me that those goals would change or evolve.

Pictures of Poverty - Don't think about touching my food.  I'm watching  Colombia.  Kids are so cute!

Faith, Family, and The Farm - The Shopping Cart Corral  You know it would have been so much easier to just leave the cart right there with the other one and it would've saved me 30 seconds, but my little man was watching.  In my mind, I knew that I had to make the effort, take the extra time to put that cart where it belonged.  

Jon Acuff - Big lessons from a small rug  If I was going to create a rug for the front door of life, it would read:
“Those who do. Can.”
Can I write a book? I didn’t think I could until I did.
Can I speak to a group of strangers at a conference? I didn’t I could until I did.


Church and the Single Girl - My first mass  There were two vessels of Holy Water (Google tells me these are called stoups) and everyone dipped their fingers in the water. I wasn’t sure what to do, so I sort of quickly touched the surface of the water. But I hadn’t considered what to do next. I sort of flicked the water off my fingers as discreetly as possible as I walked down the aisle looking for an empty pew. 

The Silver Lining - Missionary Quiz  Determine which letter described your missionary of choice most of the time from the quiz. Then read below to figure out where they serve. If they answered mostly:

True Beggars - Culinary Gratitude: My Top 10  I love food. It is such a blessing from God. And I'm not saying that to be flippant or silly. It really is a great gift from our Creator. Here I have compiled a list of ten favorites. Try making your own list, just for fun. My top ten foods & drinks (and even a smell):

The Rantings of a Dad - Top 10 after almost 2 years  The Top Ten Things I Never Thought I'd Say (as a parent, after two years of being a dad):

10. "We don't put things in the dog."

2 comments: